I am so happy and proud to announce that Ry has safely returned from his first 6 month deployment in Okinawa, Japan! What a long journey this has been for us but we finally made it and are excited to have our life back to normal. We woke up in the morning and first things first, we went to Peet's for coffee! I can't tell you how much I've missed our coffee dates together.
Then, being the sneaky wife that I am, I managed to pull off surprising Ry with a visit from our families! Trying to hide all the texts that were coming in during coffee, we headed back to our apartment to find Cliff, Marty, Lindsay and my parents outside! It was so special to have everyone there to welcome Ry back home.
I organized a lunch for all of us at The Westlake Village Inn, we had a fun lunch together on the patio and Ry got to tell us all that he had experienced. We had a welcome home tiramisu in his honor and were all so thankful for him to be back and safe. I can't wait to spend the next six months with him home, I will take advantage of every minute that I can!

No comments:
Post a Comment