Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Our First Dinner & Ry Cooks!

Did I mention how excited I am to have Ry back?! One of the things we enjoy doing most together, and as a result have missed most while being apart, is cooking and eating together! Dinners in the evening are what we look forward to during the day and it is our time to unwind and relax. Finally no more lonely nights on my sofa with Extra and Access Hollywood as my company! Last night, Ry surprised me with cooking a wonderful meal.
I came home to beautiful pink tulips on the table and a bottle of Ice Wine that he had brought from overseas. How sweet is that?! Since Ry knows all of my most favorite foods, he made me caramelized scallops with a carrot/corn puree and bruschetta with fresh tomatoes, basil, and feta. I loved it! The scallops were perfectly seared and the puree was slightly sweet and creamy. I was so impressed, what a great combination it was... I will definitely be getting used to this!

No comments: