Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pierre Herme Heaven

All those days of reading about the famous Pierre Herme has really had us wishing upon our lucky stars that one day we could experience Pierre Herme on our own. Well I can't say that we officially went to Pierre Herme but I can say that Pierre Herme came to us! My parents went to Paris for their 25th Anniversary and my one request was to bring me back anything Pierre Herme. My parents know that we LOVE French Macarons so what better to bring back than a tube of beautifully wrapped macarons! Heaven.

We obviously tried all the flavors they brought in one sitting, savouring each bite and discussing which was our favorite. My favorite was this lovely hazelnut macaron with a chocolate ganache filling and sliver of cherry preserve. It was to die for. This tops the charts as my favorite dessert and I must say that Pierre Herme is the true mastermind behind these gourmet delicacies. Now we really have to go to Paris... soon!

8 comments:

wheresmymind said...

I want dessert for breakfast!!

Alpineberry Mary said...

OMG, lucky you!

chili&vanilia said...

Wow, lucky you, Dianko!I've never tasted those famous PH macarons myself, I'm sure they are heaven

Anonymous said...

Nice! I am glad you got to taste them!

Brilynn said...

I'm still pining away for my taste of Pierre Herme, lucky you!

Bron said...

sniff sniff...
I dream, one day maybe!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your parents on their wedding anniversary. I'm glad they were able to bring back this edible souvenir. ;-)

Paz

cucina testa rossa said...

YEAH! so glad the macaron weathered the trip. the last time i tried that, i arrived with a box of crumbs.