My mom knows her way to our hearts! She makes this Czech "kolac" with whatever fruit is in season but I feel this Kolac tastes best with ripe and slightly tart plums. The dough is fluffy and light and the sugared plums come out almost caramelized. She tops the Kolac with a buttery crumble that comes out crisp and sweet. I've told myself a million times that I need to write down her recipe but then I think nothing is better than having your mama make it for you! Besides, there is no way I could ever make it as good as she does. One day, I promise to get this recipe but until then, this is our bait for coming home.Friday, October 20, 2006
Mom's Czech Plum Kolac
My mom knows her way to our hearts! She makes this Czech "kolac" with whatever fruit is in season but I feel this Kolac tastes best with ripe and slightly tart plums. The dough is fluffy and light and the sugared plums come out almost caramelized. She tops the Kolac with a buttery crumble that comes out crisp and sweet. I've told myself a million times that I need to write down her recipe but then I think nothing is better than having your mama make it for you! Besides, there is no way I could ever make it as good as she does. One day, I promise to get this recipe but until then, this is our bait for coming home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Ain't nothing quite like Mom's cooking is there? I can technically make my moms recipes, but they never taste as good as when she makes them. :)
Ari (Baking and Books)
Aren't mom's recipes the best?!
Thanks for telling us about your mom's kolach. I bet is unbelievable with the plums.
Is it terrible to want some of that pie for breakfast right now?
Hi Dianka, I can even smeel it here, there is some cinnemon and cloves and browned butter and caramelized plums in the air !
Sounds delish! That's funny because a few months ago my mom made a plum dessert that was similar (but with a cookie crust instead of a cake) and I've been meaning to post it for a while. Great moms think alike, huh?
Ohhhh! Delicious looking! I think it tastes even more special when your mom makes it for you. ;-)
Have a good one!
xxoo
Paz
I am seriously drooling over that kolach!
I think I would break my diet for that. It looks scruptious.
A friend of mine is czech and her baba makes the best kolach ever! I always forget the name of it though and want to call if clafouti.
WOW - you made me really hungry!
I would do anything right now for a little - or big! please! -slice
it looks so yummy...=)
am waiting for the recipe ;)
ok.........this looks delicious and i love baking things like this..lucky you!
Post a Comment