We've been spending our weekends shopping at the local Farmer's Market and making our dinners out of the fresh food we buy, nothing tastes better! The yellow and red heirloom tomatoes that are in season inspired me to buy a multi-grain baguette from the bread lady, a mozzarella ball from the cheese lady, and a bunch of flavorful basil from my favorite herb stand. L'Orangerie, our most favorite restaurant in Los Angeles and where our love affair with zucchini flowers began, inspired us to buy beautiful zucchini flowers. On our way out, we were given a sample of a Japanese Kyoho grape... the most sweet and juicy grape we've have ever had! Since a small bunch of these cost us $4.00, I thought it made for an appropriate side dish to have with our Farmer's Market dinner. As it came time to assemble the dinner, I prepared my heirloom tomato bruschetta's, grilled some chicken breasts with lots of fresh herbs, and prepared my ricotta cheese stuffing for the zucchini flowers. I carefully stuffed the sweet flowers and baked them in the oven for 25 minutes. I added a bunch of the Kyoho grapes to our spread and Voila! A Farmer's Market dinner was born!Friday, August 18, 2006
Farmer's Market Dinner
We've been spending our weekends shopping at the local Farmer's Market and making our dinners out of the fresh food we buy, nothing tastes better! The yellow and red heirloom tomatoes that are in season inspired me to buy a multi-grain baguette from the bread lady, a mozzarella ball from the cheese lady, and a bunch of flavorful basil from my favorite herb stand. L'Orangerie, our most favorite restaurant in Los Angeles and where our love affair with zucchini flowers began, inspired us to buy beautiful zucchini flowers. On our way out, we were given a sample of a Japanese Kyoho grape... the most sweet and juicy grape we've have ever had! Since a small bunch of these cost us $4.00, I thought it made for an appropriate side dish to have with our Farmer's Market dinner. As it came time to assemble the dinner, I prepared my heirloom tomato bruschetta's, grilled some chicken breasts with lots of fresh herbs, and prepared my ricotta cheese stuffing for the zucchini flowers. I carefully stuffed the sweet flowers and baked them in the oven for 25 minutes. I added a bunch of the Kyoho grapes to our spread and Voila! A Farmer's Market dinner was born!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
awww...so should've fried the zucchini!! :D
Your farmers' market dinner is the perfect summer fare. Simple and delicious!
Seems to be market day. I have just posted about "my" Naschmarkt today. And I also love to create a dinner out of my freshly bought goodies ! Such "surprise" meals can mean culinary hiflights ! Have fun...
Those grapes sound tasty. I'm not sure I've ever had grapes that were good enough to rave about..I'm jealous! Enjoy your farmer's market finds.
ah yum. as I am speaking, I have stuffed zucchini flowers in the oven! It is in season! ;-) I will keep your recipe for my next time around.
That is amazing! Wish I'd been there.
Wheresmymind: Well that's so traditional! I wanted to do something different and healthier I suppose =)
Mary: Thank you Mary, it really was!
Angelika: How funny that we posted on our Farmer's Market at the same time! Your market looks beautiful!
Paz: Thank you Paz, hope you are well!
Gourmetish: I was quite taken back by those grapes, it was a new experience for me too!
Bea: Thank you for mentioning me on your blog! I will have to try your recipe next time, it looked delicious!
Tanna: Well we'll have to meet up! Thank you!
Post a Comment