Thursday, January 26, 2006

Girl Trip to Carmel with Marty & Linds

Since Ry is away, Marty invited Lindsay and I to Carmel for a weekend girl's trip! I have never been to Carmel so I was SO excited to go and see what it's all about. I flew into Monterrey on a puddle jumper from LAX after work on Friday and arrived just in time to meet the girls for dinner at Rio Grill... a cute little Mexican restaurant. We had a delicious meal and of course a bottle of Rombauer... such a treat!

We stayed at a cute hotel called Lobos Lodge right in town and Saturday morning we had a quick breakfast and headed over to the Spa at Pebble Beach... Marty was so gracious to treat us girls to an amazing massage! We relaxed in the spa and soaked up every moment, it was beautiful.

After our spa time, we had an amazing lunch overlooking the Pebble Beach golf course at Stillwater Grill... we had hearty salads and ended with their chocolate fondue, just perfect.

After lunch we decided to hit up some wine tasting rooms... Talbott was our favorite and I think we all indulged in one too many tastings...

Somehow Marty started trying on a robe in the gift shop and all of the sudden we were taking pictures and sending them to Ry in Okinawa.. don't ask!

After a FUN time at Talbott, we checked out Bernardus Lodge and sat by their fire place... we talked about wanting Lindsay to get married there one day! We then got back to our room to get ready for dinner... Marty took us to Roy's at The Inn at Spanish Bay... what a stunning restaurant with breath taking views. We dined sufficiently that evening and indulged in even more Rombauer.. yes, Lindsay and I are spoiled!

Sunday morning after breakfast, we walked along the bay... it was so beautiful there... I can finally see why people love to go here so much! We got back to our room to get ready, it was time to check-out. Before our departures, we walked around all the shops in town... so many quaint little places.

Our last stop for lunch was at an adorable French Patisserie called Boissiere... we had salads and then tried a couple of their pastries... right up my alley! What a perfect girl's weekend we had... it was nice to at least visit with Ry's family since I can't be with him! Thank you Marty for such a special time :)

No comments: