Our first time in Puerto Vallarta and what better occasion than for a wedding! Our close friends Eric and Laurie were finally tying the knot after 7 years of dating and we are so happy for them! We flew into Puerta Vallarta Thursday night and thankfully made it to the Hotel Intercontinental safely... the airport and town were quite sketchy and we were glad to check-in to a safe looking resort. We checked into our room and went downstairs for dinner... we had a nice meal on the terrace and enjoyed the warm air. Soon the family arrived from their dinner to greet us so we got to catch up with them before heading off to bed.
Friday we had a nice breakfast outside with the entire family and afterwards the girls headed off across town to a beautiful spa where we had massages and relaxed all together. The boys went to play golf, it was nice to have time before the wedding to be with the wedding party. Laurie is such a calm bride-to-be and it was fun spending the day with her!
After our girl and guy time, we all met back up at the Intercontinental to get ready for the Rehearsal Dinner. We got dressed up and headed off to a restaurant that was perched on a cliff and overlooked the beautiful water. Don and Steff did an amazing job with the Rehearsal Dinner, it was so special and it was great seeing everyone together!
Saturday morning after breakfast, it was time for some R&R. We set up shop on the beach, laid out and switched off between the ocean water and the pool (with an awesome pool bar!)...
However the pool bar quickly turned into the not-so-awesome pool bar because the margarita that I drank from there left me SO sick that I could not function! It was the worst I had EVER felt... Ry had to take me up to the room and take care of me while I was passed out and unable to move... we were convinced my drink was spiked or the ice was contaminated... whatever it was, I was NOT a happy camper. It took a couple hours for me to gain consciousness and I woke up to Ry telling me we had to get ready for the wedding!! It was NOT good. Ry had to literally shower me and dress me... I couldn't believe it! Although it was a slow process, eventually I got myself together and we made it to the wedding... I was NOT about to miss the entire reason why we came here!
We arrived to the Villa where the ceremony and reception were being held... it was breath-taking! On a steep cliff with almost a 360 degree view of the ocean, flowers and candles everywhere- so romantic. We took lots of pictures and I tried to look better than I felt!
Eric and Laurie tied the knot under a tropical palmed alter and they both looked SO happy, we were thrilled to be there and I'm just glad I was able to pull myself together!
Did I mention how stunning the views were??!
We had a cocktail hour while the bride and groom took pictures and we got to spend time with lots of Marty and Cliff's friends from Sacramento.
After cocktails (I had water) and pictures, we sat down to the reception dinner... we had a delicious plated dinner that made me feel so much better... I hadn't had anything in my system since my episode!
Steff did a wonderful job being the mother of the groom, I just love her so much! We danced the night away and had a great time celebrating Eric and Laurie.
Sunday morning after a wedding recap over breakfast haha, we headed off to town to explore Puterto Vallarta. It was a mix of some nice shops and then some really run down looking areas but all in all I would say it was your typical downtown in Mexico. We found this cute jewelry shop where you make your own bracelets and necklaces... Marty was so sweet to treat Lindsay and I to a necklace we designed ourselves... very fun!
We met up with a couple of Marty's friends for lunch on the patio at Daquiri Dick's, right on the beach... my tummy was still a little queasy but I managed to get some grilled prawns in.. they were actually very good! Afterwards we strolled along the beach path and took in the culture... lots of street vendors with silver jewelry, purses and nick knacks. Later that day we got ready for our last dinner... Marty and Cliff took us to highly rated spot called Trio. They sat us on their backyard patio in almost a grotto-looking area, it was very charming and we all had a delicious dinner... we were all so impressed! Apparently it happened to be a Food&Wine festival week so restaurants were performing at the top of their game and it showed! We had a lovely end to a bitter-sweet feeling (speaking for myself) weekend haha.
We checked out of our hotel after breakfast Monday morning and had to embrace the beautiful view one more time! We said our goodbyes and wished Eric and Laurie a beautiful start to their new marriage, we are excited to spend more time with them throughout the years to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment