This year we are off to Sacramento for the Christmas weekend so we decided to have our traditional Czech dinner on the 23rd instead, before we left. I had a half-day at work (boy do I love those) so I went to my mom's early to have her warm out-of-the-oven Poppyseed and Sweet Cheese pastries... oh my gosh they were heavenly. This to me is the greatest Christmas present ever!
We lounged by the Christmas tree and soon enough Ry showed up after work.. just in time for an Egg Nog martini... Christmas has officially begun!
Had to take the traditional 2010 Christmas pictures...
My mom made her traditional Czech dinner... mushroom soup to start, followed by breaded white fish fillet with the best potato salad... all topped off with Rombauer (ok so that is not Czech tradition but there is always room to improve every tradition, right?!) After dinner we had my mom's Czech Christmas cookies and watched a festive Christmas movie... it was the perfect night... amazing food, my beautiful family and many, many blessings to be thankful for :)


No comments:
Post a Comment