The time has come to pack up our belongings and say goodbye to our beloved condo. All of Saturday I put all of our things into boxes and when Ry got home from work, we finished up the rest. Since people came to buy up our dining and coffee table, we ended up having leftover chili and a bottle of wine on our office desk upstairs! We were exhausted but celebrated our last dinner at 434 Silk Tree!
Sunday morning we had our last breakfast and packed up all the leftovers, we were anxious to get it all completed because it was 105 degrees in Irvine! Not so great for a moving day!
My sweet parents arrived with Peet's coffee and helping hands, followed by the movers who arrived at 10am with our storage pods.
Our poor movers were sweating bullets placing all of our furniture and boxes carefully into our storage pods, we felt so bad for them! Nevertheless, two and half hot hours later, they managed to fit everything into three storage pods... it was so strange seeing our life all packed up to be stored for a month and a half!
We loaded up my dad's van with the necessities we would need for the six weeks we will be living with my parents, of course my clothes were the bulk of it! And then we were DONE... we couldn't believe that this was it... so many precious memories, so many good times, so many milestones.
We left the keys in the garage for the new buyer and drove away knowing that this condo would always hold a special place in our hearts. Off we went to my parents, where we unpacked and adjusted to our new home for the next six weeks, I can't believe that we are playing house with my parents... kind of like a mini-vacation for Ry and I :)
We ended our moving weekend with a round of Mojito's, spa time and a home-made dinner by mom... I think we will be adjusting just fine! I can't believe the first part of our move is complete... now we wait patiently for six weeks until our new home is finished and round two of moving will begin... thank goodness we have time in between to rest and be pampered by mom! 


1 comment:
Aww, I just got emotional reading this entry! I am so excited for you guys with your new home, and yet, it's sad that to say goodbye to Silk Tree and having you so close by. It's going to be so fun and exciting to make a whole bunch of new memories in your new home though! :)
Post a Comment