Sunday, March 14, 2010

Czech- March 2010


In Czech at last! It's always a long trip but worth every minute to see my precious family that I miss so much! It was so great spending time with my 83 year-old Babicka (Czech for Grandma). She is so full of wisdom and understands the true meaning of life- it's always so refreshing to gain some of her insight.

I spent most of my time indoors because it was snowing and FREEZING outside!! It didn't bother me though, it forced me to relax and do nothing... except eat, drink and talk of course! I loved catching up with my cousins, aunts and uncles.

My eight-year-old cousin, Zuzanka is all grown up and so adorable. I brought her a new outfit and she insisted on wearing it all week, she is too cute.


On Thursday my aunt, uncle, and cousins took me to an amazing thermal spa in Slovakia. There were 3 different types of thermal pools, saunas, and even a pool with small rocks where we massaged our feet. It was perfect and we all had the best time together. Afterwards we had a delicious meal with wine at their modern restaurant- my aunt and uncle are like my second parents and my cousins are my cute brothers- I love them dearly!


I got to spend time with my grandpa too, he hasn't aged a bit and it's always so fun to hear his perspective on U.S. politics and state of affairs (he knows it better than I do!)

My last day came way too quickly, my cousins took me to Luhacovice- my favorite town that is known for oplatky (a type of wafer cookie). We had warm oplatky out of the oven and had tea and chocolates at a cute chocolate shop in town. That night it was time to pack up again and say farewells- the worst part.


Saturday my family took me back to Vienna to catch my flight. We had one last coffee and pastry together and it was time to go home. It's always bittersweet... of course I was so excited to see Ry, I missed him so much, but I was so sad to leave my family. Thank goodness we will be back in September and this time Ry AND my parents are coming with so it made leaving not so bad! Another wonderful trip to Czech and many more priceless memories.

No comments: