Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Aquarium and Our New Jerry!

Saturday we took a little trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach... what a beautiful aquarium.. we got to hold the starfish pictured above...

We got to touch the sting-rays... Ry was very impressed!

We also got to touch baby sharks! It really was fascinating... the Shark touching pond was designed to eliminate fears of sharks... I wouldn't go quite as far as to say I'm no longer scared of sharks but it was worth the try!

I got up close and personal with a seal! Well there was a piece of glass separating us but it is definitely the closest I'll ever get to one!

After our Aquarium adventures, we took a shuttle to the Queen Mary where we toured the haunted ship and pretended to be past royalty aboard the, once luxurious, cruise ship!

After seeing such beautiful fish at the aquarium, we were inspired to get our own! Meet Jerry, the newest member of our family! He is a colorful Betta and loves to watch me cook and he enjoys mealtimes with us!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hey there. I remember going to that aquarium with some clients back when I lived in Los Angeles. So fun. Glad you had a good time!

lfranks said...

Ahh the infamous fish, and bowl. He's a cutie don't kill him