Since I am lonely with Ry away, I decided to spend as much time as I could with family! I had an extra week off so, before my Czech trip I decided to fly to Berlin for a week to visit Dasa, Domi and Ivo. I grew up going to Berlin quite often and I was looking forward to revisiting all of my favorite spots.
My family picked me up from the airport and we headed straight to Lafayette for a delicious lunch followed by coffee at my very favorite Tchibo at Podzdammer Platz. It was SO good to see Dasa, Domi and Ivo, I just love them.
On Monday, my aunt and uncle had a day off so they took me to Postumemy, a beautiful park a little outside of Berlin, where we strolled around, had a picnic lunch and coffee and pastries at the Movenpick Cafe. Another favorite of mine.
Since the rest of the week my family was at work and school, I was excited to explore my usual haunts on my own. I took the Esbahn straight to Zoologische Garten and explored everything there was to offer in the bustling district. First stop was a little monument showcasing a real remnant from the Berlin wall... so much history here, I find it so interesting.
Next was KaDeWe, my most favorite shopping plaza... kind of like a Harrod's but much better in my opinion!
The best part about KaDeWe is the amazing food hall... there is nothing I love more than walking around and seeing all the fresh breads, cakes, pastries, chocolates, wine bars, cheese stands... it's heaven!
I had a quick lunch followed by a piece of this apricot tart with a marzipan cream filling and a cappuccino... the BEST snack EVER! Wish I could have this everyday.
Throughout the week while everyone was at work, we would set up little dates to meet up in the city... one day I met Dasa in a newer district that was all about green living and she showed me couple shops and a beautiful farmer's market.
She then took me out to a new Thai restaurant... we had delicious meals, wine and conversation- as usual!
Unfortunately the week went by so quickly, before I could even get through jet lag- it was my last night! On my last night, my family was so sweet to put together an amazing Tepan Dinner. Dasa and I went to an exclusive market to buy the best meats and produce and then we went home to prepare everything. We toasted with wine and seared up our dinner... it was so fun and delicious.
It was time to say good-bye and I was so sad to leave. I had such and fun and relaxing week with Dasa, Domi and Ivo and I will miss them so much. It's too bad we live so far apart but I cherish every moment we have together, thank you for hosting me!
No comments:
Post a Comment