As part of a welcome home celebration for Ry, I wanted to surprise him with reservations at the highly acclaimed Alex Restaurant at The Wynn. He'd been talking about wanting to go since it opened so I thought- what better time to celebrate! We packed up and took a quick flight to Las Vegas Saturday and right after checking into our room, we put on our suits and robes and headed down to the pool.
We lounged in the sun, swam in the beautiful pool and had one too many drinks... our kind of vacation! It was so nice to relax and just be together. By 6pm it was time to get ready for Alex... Ry had no idea where we were going but maybe he figured it was Alex since I made him bring his suit!
We got all dressed up and I surprised him by stopping in front of Alex and saying we are here! The look on his face... he was so excited!
They sat us at a beautiful table and the musical symphony began... service was amazing and each course was better than the one before it... courses just came and came.. it was never ending!
By the time the actual entree came, I was full! Thankfully I was wearing a loose-fitting dress and managed to get it all down... trust me, it was well worth it! To top it off, the 3-course dessert ending was amazing and I just wish I could of asked for a to-go box but, I knew that was so NOT appropriate! We rolled out of Alex stuffed beyond belief (I think that was their intention) and happy to have experienced the top restaurant in Vegas... it was a magical night! Sunday was spent relaxing by the pool and then we went shopping to the Forum shops at Cesar's Palace. It was a quick trip but well worth it... nothing like a FUN Vegas weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment