It's a sad Christmas this year because Ry is away in Okinawa and we can't be together :( However, my parents tried to make it as special as possible for me- thank goodness they are close! I drove to Laguna the night before Christmas Eve and on Christmas Eve morning my mom and I made a delicious champagne brunch... eggs, skillet ham and mimosa's!
After brunch, we went and got Starbuck's and took a walk around St. Regis, I reminisced of our beautiful wedding day, and then I got a call from Ry! Couldn't of been more perfect timing :)
So we talked on the phone and walked along the beach, a nice Christmas treat!
After our beautiful walk, it was so pretty outside, we came back home and began the preparations for our traditional Czech Christmas Eve Dinner. This year was special because I got to have the meal twice... once before Ry left for Okinawa at the beginning of December and now again on Christmas Eve! We took our traditional pictures by the tree to send to Ry and my family in Czech and then we feasted on my mom's delicious dinner.
After dinner, we opened gifts and had my mom's Christmas cookies for dessert. Although we had one very important person missing, we made the most of Christmas this year and now I get to look forward to next Christmas when we will be complete... I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment